Welcome to the new design and new name. I have chose the name begin() because it indicates that I'm really just getting started at this programming stuff and also because it brings to my mind the OpenGL function glBegin() ad I like OpenGL.

What I've been up to:
I graduated from Southeast Technical University almost a month ago. I got my computer programming AAS and a 4.0 GPA. Exciting stuff.
Now comes the really good part though, finding a job.
There don't seem to be a great many jobs for beginning programmers out there. Every job opening I see is the same story; "5+ years experience and or a bachelors degree in computer science required". Right now I'm working at the grocery store so my family can pay the bills but we don't have insurance and we don't own a house. I know there are jobs for my experience level out there but they are elusive.

So, I've been getting into development for the Android OS. I found a great book called Hello Android that explains things really well. So far I've only made the menu for the book's Sudoku example but I'm already learning a ton.

For now, I'm going to work on Android development while I keep putting my resume out there, paying the bills and living the good life with my wonderful family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment